Thursday, June 28, 2007

RL scammers

Hello. How are you guys doing? This post has got not much to do with ROSE.

How do personal informations treated in your country? In japan, if a company obtain any personal information such as address, phone numbers, must kept secret and extra copies of them must be destroyed.

Today, there was a phone call. The lady on the phone said that she was working for an Internet provider (let's call it O) and she was advertising stuff to my mother who picked up the phone.

We use an other Internet provider (say we call it Y) and they lady on the phone claimed that their provider is cheaper and faster.

I think she was talking to my mother for 30 min... My mother was keep telling her that she will get back to them when she talks to me, but the lady on the phone did not listen to my mother, and keep asking her if it's ok to change it next week and asking her when will I be available.

2 points here:

I was listening to their conversation from the beginning and my mother did not tell the lady on the phone that we are using provider Y, but the lady seem to knew about that already. Why?

She was very sure that her provider was cheaper than the plan we are using. There are heaps of pricing options in the provider we use now; how did she know her provider is cheaper??

From those information, I figured that she is not working for provider O, if so, knowing the provider we use is illegal, and we could sue the company for leaking out the informations like this.

So I hang up the phone, then the lady tried to call us back 4 times... Dah... lol

So I picked up the phone and went....

Oh sorry we don't want to change now!! Bye!! *hang up*

Be careful with your personal information.

No comments: